Program Accomplishments for the 2017-2018 Academic Year:
- Delivered 976 college access presentations to over 7,521 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 8,748 one‑on‑one sessions with 3,519 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 1,347 students on 70 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall college fairs and spring symposia, enabling 3,599 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 39 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 324 college admissions representatives who engaged 2,666 students.
- Chaperoned 287 students to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Fair.
- Conducted 108 college access related workshops for 1,608 students and parents including:
- 99 Financial Aid Workshops helping 524 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- 7 NCAA Clearinghouse Seminars for 475 student athletes;
- A High School Success Seminar for 497 rising 9th grade students and parents;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 112 students and parents get a jump-start on the final leg of the college access process.
- Distributed 1,752 fee waivers for the ACT/SAT at a value of $89,923.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 679 seniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded October/November 2017 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $39,933.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 928 juniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded March 2018 Site-based SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $52,335.
- Distributed 997 CollegeBound Foundation college application fee waivers with a value of $43,090 and 1,130 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $45,020.
- Assisted 2,230 seniors apply to college. Secured acceptances for 2,054 students to a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
- Assisted 1,898 seniors complete the FAFSA.
- Assisted 763 seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards for $53,945,286.
- Assisted 41 seniors complete Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant application resulting in awards for $521,500.
Current Program Description:
CollegeBound Specialists worked full-time in 14 Baltimore City high schools: Academy for College & Career Exploration, Achievement Academy, Augusta Fells Savage Visual Arts Academy, Baltimore Polytechnic, Carver Vo-Tech, Coppin Academy, Digital Harbor, Excel Academy, Green Street Academy, Mergenthaler Vo-Tech, National Academy Foundation, Reginald F. Lewis, Paul Laurence Dunbar, and Western.
Our Impact Since 1988: