Our Impact Since 1988:
Program Accomplishments for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
- Secured acceptances for 1,228 students to a 2-year or 4-year college or university. Assisted 1,332 seniors apply to college.
- Delivered 671 college access presentations to over 6,981 students through group meetings in grades nine through twelve.
- Conducted 8,218 one-on-one sessions with 2,299 students to discuss college options, admissions, SAT/ACT registration and financial aid.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, chaperoned or sent 1038 students on 140 college tours throughout Maryland and the Mid Atlantic Region.
- Hosted fall and spring college fairs, enabling 4,337 students an opportunity to talk to representatives from 65 colleges and universities.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, hosted 272 college admissions representatives who engaged 2,279 students.
- Chaperoned 293 students to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Fair.
- Conducted 60 college access related workshops for 1,644 students and parents including:
- 32 Financial Aid Workshops helping 543 students (and parents) complete financial aid forms and complete scholarship searches;
- 27 NCAA Clearinghouse Seminars for 901 student athletes;
- A Rising Senior Seminar helping 200 students and parents get a jump start on the final leg of the college access process.
- Distributed 2,073 fee waivers for the ACT/SAT at a value of $107,144.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 1480 seniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded October/November 2015 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $80,496.
- In conjunction with the Guidance Department, registered 1416 juniors for the Baltimore City Public School System funded May/June 2016 SAT initiative, at a fee-waived value of $71,511.
- Distributed 888 CollegeBound Foundation college application fee waivers with a value of $41,120 and 619 College Board college application fee waivers with a value of $24,963.
- Assisted 972 seniors complete the FAFSA.
- Assisted 161 seniors submit merit/scholarship applications resulting in awards in the amount of $31,536,782.
- Assisted 90 seniors complete Maryland’s Guaranteed Access Grant application resulting in awards in the amount of $612,650.