Last Dollar Grant Applications
are Now Open - Apply Now!
The CollegeBound Last Dollar Grant is a need-based award for Baltimore City public high school graduates whose expected family contribution and financial aid package total less than the cost to attend college. Students who are awarded a CollegeBound Last Dollar Grant are eligible to receive up to $3,000 per year, renewable for up to six (6) years of college or the maximum amount of $18,000. These Grants are gift money which do not have to be repaid. Approximately 70 awards are given each year.
Last Dollar Grant Eligibility:
- Must be a 2018 graduate of a Baltimore City public high school.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and be eligible to receive a Pell Grant.
- Family income must not exceed $75,000 annually.
- If unmet need is greater than $6,000, student must provide documentation detailing how gap will be financed.
- Student must contribute at least 15% of college cost of attendance through ‘self-help’ (student loans and/or work study).
- Be accepted to and attend a four-year college/university.
To be considered for a Last Dollar Grant, you must submit the following supporting documents by June 1, 2018:
- Student Aid Report (SAR) (for a copy, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov or call 1-800-4-FED-AID / 1-800-433-3243).
- Acceptance letter from the college/university you will attend.
- Financial Aid Award Letter (FAAL) from the college/university you will attend.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Notification Letter if applicable (go to www.mhec.state.md.us or call 410-260-4500 for a copy).
- Unofficial senior year high school transcript.
Last Dollar Grant application and supporting materials deadlines:
- Last Dollar Grant applications and supporting materials must be received by June 1, 2018 (postmark dates not accepted)
Scholarship, Research & Retention Services
300 Water Street, Suite 300
Baltimore, MD 21202