“As we lose ourselves in the service of others we discover our own lives and our own happiness.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
My name is Mioni Wingo-King. Giving back to my community and empowering youth is my passion. I worked most recently as a teacher in the Prince George’s County Public Schools, where I taught 4th grade math and science and 6th grade science and geography. Recently, I became certified to teach etiquette to young children and teens. Before teaching, I spent time in the corporate world as a recruiter for Maxim Healthcare Services-Homecare and as an operations representative at Merrill Lynch. I earned my bachelor’s degree in political science – with a concentration in public administration – from Central State University in Wilberforce, Ohio. During college, I served as a campus tour guide, Miss Sophomore, Vice-President of the Pre-Law Society, and worked for two years as a residential advisor and in the admissions office. I am a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated. As I continue on the path of youth empowerment, I am excited to joining the Collegebound Foundation family.
- What 5 people, dead or alive, would you invite to dinner?
- Will Smith
- Ellen DeGeneres
- President Barack Obama
- Michelle Obama
- Shirley Chisholm
- Your best friends describe me as….
- Most memorable thing you learned in college.
- Whatever I fear I must pursue. Fear is, False Evidence Appearing Real. You will never know until you try.
- Would you rather be able to fly or swim underwater without needing oxygen?
- I would love to have the ability to be able to fly so I can explore different places around the world.