The College Success Associate is responsible for supporting the College Success Program with administrative duties.
410-783-2905 ext. 207
- Spread awareness of CollegeBound scholarships through sending scholarship materials to libraries, churches, schools, community centers, etc.
- Support students with technical issues with Scholarship Manager, GradSnapp, and Retention Management system.
- Collect scholarship renewal materials from students, enter data into database, and mail scholarship checks to colleges/universities; create and maintain Scholar Profiles from materials collected from scholars.
- Retrieve scholarship budgets from the colleges/universities, request enrollment verification from colleges/universities or manually searching through National Student Clearinghouse, and send award letters to colleges/universities with our scholars’ scholarship/grant amounts.
- Support efforts to collect funds from scholarship providers in a timely manner.
- Provide a support system for our students by sending birthday cards, care packages, senior graduation gifts and three newsletters a year.
- Respond to college-related questions that students may have, or direct them to the appropriate resources if necessary.
- Assist with planning and prepping materials for College Success Events. Winter Retreat, Transition to College Retreat, End of Year Celebration, and Service Learning Events.
- Maintain meeting requests, booking resource rooms, hotels and coordinating schedules.
- Bridge NextGen and Retention management systems to GradSnap.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s degree or 2 years of related administrative experience
- Preferred someone with general knowledge of scholarships, financial aid and how to complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and college success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Ability to manage a high volume of emails within Microsoft Outlook